100 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 270-4500
Fax: (401) 270-3760
Joseph M. CooperAssociate
Phone: (401) 270-0180
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Boston College Lynch Graduate School of Education, M.Ed.
- Boston College, B.A.
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Joe’s practice is focused on education law, employment litigation, and labor law. Joe graduated from Boston College Law School in 2013. While in law school, Joe’s work included one year researching the Affordable Care Act, clerking at the Boston Public Schools’ Legal Advisor’s Office, and representing young adults and their families as a student attorney in Boston College’s Juvenile Rights Advocacy clinic. During that time, Joe also earned a master’s degree in education from Boston College’s Lynch School of Education.
Prior to starting at Whelan, Corrente, Flanders, Kinder & Siket, Joe interned at the General Counsel’s Office of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, where he focused primarily on professional practice investigations involving educator misconduct.
- WHELAN, CORRENTE, FLANDERS, KINDER & SIKET LLP
Associate (2014 – Present)
- MA DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
Intern (2013 – 2014)
- BOSTON COLLEGE JUVENILE RIGHTS ADVOCACY PROGRAM
Student Attorney (2013)
- OFFICE OF LEGAL ADVISOR TO BOSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Law Clerk (2012)
- BOSTON COLLEGE LAW SCHOOL
Research Assistant to Prof. Mary Ann Chirba (2011 – 2012)