100 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 270-4500
Fax: (401) 270-3760
Meghan E. SiketPartner
Phone: (401) 270-3136
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Connecticut College, B.A.
magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
Meghan’s practice is focused primarily in the representation of employers with respect to all aspects of employment law, higher education law and related litigation. Meghan regularly provides advice to clients on employee hiring and employment agreements, terminations and severance agreements, drafting and updating employer handbooks and policies, compliance with leave laws (ADA, FMLA, TCI, etc.), labor relations, non-competition and confidentiality issues, and she conducts related employee and management training.
Meghan defends clients in state and federal courts and agencies, including the RICHR and EEOC, the RIDLT and DOL, in employment matters such as wage and hour disputes and employment discrimination and sexual harassment.
Meghan also represents institutions of higher education with respect to education law issues, including updating and drafting school policies and procedures, and handling disputes and litigation arising under state and federal employment and education laws, including Section 504, ADA, Title VII and Title IX, the Clery Act and FERPA.
- WHELAN, CORRENTE, FLANDERS, KINDER & SIKET LLP
Partner (2011 – Present)
- HINCKLEY, ALLEN & SNYDER LLP
Labor and Employment Associate (2007-2011)
- SCHULTE ROTH & ZABEL LLP
New York, NY
Employment and Employee Benefits Law Associate (2003 – 2007)
Summer Associate (2002)
- UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
Legal Intern (1997)
CHARITABLE AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Pro Bono Collaborative, Board of Advisors (2011 – present)
- Member, USA 500 Clubs
- Employers Counsel Network
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
PUBLICATIONS AND LECTURESHIPS
- Adjunct Professor (Employment Discrimination and Employment Law), Roger Williams University School of Law (2014 to present)
- Editor, Rhode Island Employment Law Letter (2013 to present)
- FMLA Master Class for Rhode Island Employers, presented for BLR/HR Hero (2013 and 2014)
- “Rhode Island Leave Laws and Employer Created Leave”, presented for Lorman Education Services, July 2008
- Co-Author, Investment Management by Plan Fiduciaries in ERISA Fiduciary Law (Susan P. Serota & Frederick A. Brodie eds., BNA Books, 2nd ed. 2006)
- Co-Author, Alternative Investments in Employee Benefit Issues 2005 (Judith A. Sankey, Ed., International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans 2005).
- Co-Author, ERISA Litigation and Compensation Issues, in 33rd Annual Institute on Employment Law (PLI Litig. & Admin. Practice, Course Handbook Series No. H-713, 2004).
- Reconciling Class Action Certification with the Civil Rights Act of 1991, 36 Colum. J.D. & Soc. Probs. 133 (2003).