100 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 270-4500
Fax: (401) 270-3760
Sara A. RapportPartner
Phone: (401) 270-0171
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude Editor, Law Review
- Rutgers University, M.A.
- Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of San Diego
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Sara’s practice is focused on education law, labor and employment law and business litigation. She represents school committees, private schools, colleges and universities in education matters and municipal employers and businesses in negotiations and before administrative bodies and in the courts.
A graduate of Harvard Law School, Sara clerked at the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Thereafter, she served as a federal public defender in California for five years before returning to Rhode Island. From 2003 to 2008, Sara served as Senior Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Providence, where she also served as Chief Legal Counsel to the Providence School Board.
Since 2008, Sara has been in private practice, serving public and private clients in the areas of labor and employment and education law. She litigates regularly in federal and state court; before arbitrators in grievance and interest arbitrations; and before administrative bodies, including the Rhode Island Department of Education and the Board of Education. She provides daily counsel to clients on legal compliance and conducts labor negotiations on behalf of public sector clients. Sara has achieved successes in East Providence School Committee v. East Providence Education Association, 2010 R.I. Super. LEXIS 52 (2010), and Kingston Hill Academy v. Chariho Regional School District, 21 A.3d 264 (2011). She is part of the legal team representing the City of Woonsocket on issues of first impression relating to the Rhode Island Fiscal Stability Act.
- WHELAN, CORRENTE, FLANDERS, KINDER & SIKET LLP
Partner (2013 – Present)
- LITTLE MEDEIROS KINDER BULMAN & WHITNEY P.C.
Partner (2011 – 2013), Associate (2008 – 2010)
- CITY OF PROVIDENCE
Senior Assistant City Solicitor (2003 – 2008)
- PERKINS, SMITH & COHEN, LLP
Partner and Associate (1997 – 2002)
- FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER (California) (1990 – 1995)
- UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS, FIRST CIRCUIT
- Member, Bench Bar Committee
- Former Member, Local Rules Committee
- Ms. Rapport has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with its highest rating of “AV”