Jessica’s practice is focused on trust administration, litigation and health care law. For many years prior to joining Whelan Corrente & Flanders, Jessica served as Special Assistant Attorney General at the Rhode Island Office of Attorney General. During different points of her tenure, Jessica served as Health Care Advocate, Charitable Trust Administrator, and government litigation attorney. As Health Care Advocate, Jessica regulated some of the state’s largest hospital mergers and successfully drafted health care legislation on behalf of the Attorney General. As Charitable Trust Administrator, Jessica was responsible for enforcing statutes concerning the disposition of charitable trusts and representing the Attorney General’s interest in protecting charitable assets within Rhode Island. Prior to the Attorney General’s Office, Jessica practiced in domestic relations and estate planning. Her experience in both the public and private sector brings a unique perspective to diligent and compassionate representation of her clients.
Jessica is a lifelong Rhode Islander and enjoys spending time with her husband and two small children.
- Roger Williams University School of Law, J.D.
magna cum laude
CALI Awards for Highest Grades in Legal Methods II and Domestic Violence Law
Law Dean’s Achievement Award
- University of Rhode Island, B.A.
summa cum laude
- Rhode Island
- U.S.District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- WHELAN, CORRENTE & FLANDERS, LLP
- Associate (May 2022 – Present)
- RHODE ISLAND OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
- Special Assistant Attorney General (March 2015 – May 2022)
- Health Care Advocate (May 2018 – May 2022)
- Heath Care/Government Litigation Assistant Attorney General (March 2015 – May 2018)
- Charitable Trust Administrator (March 2015 – July 2017)
- RHODE ISLAND FAMILY COURT
- Volunteer Mediator (Jan – Apr 2012)
- HON.CHIEF JUDGE HAIGANUSH R. BEDROSIAN, Legal Intern (May – Aug 2010)
- ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
- Student Mediator (Aug – Dec 2011)
- Research Assistant to Professor Emily Sack (May 2010 – Apr 2012)
- Research Assistant to Professor Peter Margulies (May – Aug – 2010)
- Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association
CHARITABLE AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Enter Charitable and Civic Involvements as a list