100 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 270-4500
Fax: (401) 270-3760
Timothy C. CavazzaPartner
Phone: (401) 270-0364
- Roger Williams University School of Law, J.D.
magna cum laude
- Roger Williams University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Tim’s practice is concentrated on management-side labor and employment law, and related litigation. He works extensively in the area of labor relations, advising and representing employers in collective bargaining negotiations, unfair labor practice proceedings and grievance and interest arbitrations. Tim also represents employers in employment litigation matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. In addition, Tim counsels employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Tim worked in the commercial construction industry for several years in both unionized and non-unionized environments. During much of that time, Tim worked as a foreman/general foreman for a large Boston-based labor and demolition subcontractor with a unionized workforce, and he managed numerous commercial construction projects for the company throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Tim’s hands-on labor relations experience provides him with real world skills and unique insight into the issues presented by both unionized and non-unionized workforces.
- WHELAN, CORRENTE, FLANDERS, KINDER & SIKET LLP
Partner (2014 – Present)
Associate (2013 – 2014)
- LITTLE MEDEIROS KINDER BULMAN & WHITNEY P.C.
Associate (2008 – 2013)
- SKOLER, ABBOTT & PRESSER, P.C.
Associate (2007 – 2008)
- CORLEY & TAVERAS
Summer Associate (2006)
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT (D.R.I.)
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Ernest C. Torres (2007)
- RHODE ISLAND DEPARTMENT OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
Legal Intern (2006)
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
PUBLICATIONS AND LECTURESHIPS
- Adjunct Professor (Labor and Employment Law), Roger Williams University School of Law (2017)
- Co-editor and contributing author to the Rhode Island Employment Law Letter, a monthly newsletter designed for Rhode Island employers published by M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC, (2008 – Present)
- Contributing author to the Massachusetts Employment Law Letter (2007 – 2008)
- Contributing author to Wage and Hour Laws – A State-by-State Survey (Gregory K. McGillivary ed., 2d ed. 2010)
- Contributing author to Employment at Will – A State-By-State-Survey (Melinda J. Caterine ed., 2011)
- Contributing author to 50 Employment Laws in 50 States (Employers Counsel Network, 2008 – 2016 editions)
- Co-Author, The Coming of Age Discrimination, (Business West – 2008)
- Frequent speaker on labor and employment law related topics to human resources, arbitration, municipal, and other trade associations (2008 – present)