Chris has extensive experience representing clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as in agency proceedings and appeals. His practice includes complex business and construction disputes, labor and employment disputes, breach of fiduciary duty and shareholder actions, first- and third-party insurance coverage claims, class action and mass tort defense, product liability, corporate compliance audits, civil forfeiture litigation, and creditor representation in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Chris also provides clients and in-house counsel with practical strategic advice on litigation avoidance, risk management, and pre-litigation dispute resolution, and on issues relating to electronic document management and e-discovery. Additionally, Chris has advised healthcare providers on patient privacy policies and represented those providers in numerous state and federal courts, including achieving successful outcomes in more than forty evidentiary hearings in state mental health court.
Between 2014 and 2015, Chris also served as a member of and legal advisor to the Transition Team for Governor-Elect Gina Raimondo, Rhode Island’s first female governor.
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctor cum laude, Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar (Awarded to top 15 second-year students) National Moot Court Team, Fall 2001 Finalist, Homer Albers Moot Court Competition, Spring 2001
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Sociology
- Rhode Island
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Rhode Island, and for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Rhode Island, and for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- WHELAN CORRENTE & FLANDERS LLP
Partner (2016 – Present); Of Counsel (2015 – 2016)
- HINCKLEY, ALLEN & SNYDER LLP
Associate (2010 – 2015)
- WHITE & CASE LLP
Associate (2004 – 2010)
- COFFEY BURLINGTON, P.A.
Associate (2002 – 2004)
CHARITABLE AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Legal Advisor to Governor-Elect Gina Raimondo’s Transition Team (Nov. 2014-Jan. 2015)
- Member of and Legal Advisor to Serve Rhode Island (appointed by Governor Gina Raimondo), (Sept. 2015-2019)
- Member of and Legal Advisor to the Board of Directors for ACE of Rhode Island (2011-2014)
- Member of and Legal Advisor to the Board of Directors for the Family Resource Center of South Florida (2003-2010)
- Active in foster care and child abuse prevention issues throughout Florida (2004-2010)
- Recipient of the 2006 White & Case Pro Bono Award for work on behalf of Florida’s foster children