Daniel K. KinderPartner
Phone: (401) 270-4500
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Princeton University, A.B, cum laude
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island
Dan concentrates his practice on labor and employment law, and related litigation, including grievance and interest arbitration, pension and EEO litigation, and representing employers in various other labor cases before state and federal courts. Dan has served as lead counsel for management in some of the most well-known labor and employment matters throughout the New England Region.
Dan has substantial experience in a wide variety of employment cases, including cases involving discrimination in hiring and selection practices, promotions, benefits, termination and severance plans, wrongful termination, constitutional torts, equal pay, wage-hour issues under the Federal Labor Standards Act, the Portal to Portal Act and other federal and state statutes. He has successfully defended public and private employers in labor litigation, pension litigation, and a variety of claims for injuries to persons, property or reputation arising out of employment. Dan regularly advises clients on affirmative action requirements and practices, and has successfully litigated affirmative action cases. He has represented public sector clients in defense of class action suits as well as individual cases. Dan has litigated employment cases in half a dozen states. He has successfully defended over a hundred and fifty employment discrimination, retaliation and harassment charges before state agencies, OFCCP and EEOC.
He represents a cross section of employers, large and small, local, regional, national and multi-national, in all sectors and is experienced in representing both unionized and nonunion employers. Dan regularly advises a broad array of employers on labor relations strategies and tactics. He has successfully negotiated dozens of labor contracts, reestablishing lost management rights and consistently meeting or exceeding management’s financial objectives. Dan has also conducted hundreds of grievance arbitration proceedings. These include both contract interpretation and discipline issues. His record of success is better than 95%.
- WHELAN CORRENTE & FLANDERS LLP
Partner (2013 – Present)
- LITTLE MEDEIROS KINDER BULMAN & WHITNEY P.C.
Partner (2003 – 2013)
- POWERS, KINDER AND KEENEY, INC.
Partner (1980 – 2003)
- HINCKLEY, ALLEN, SALISBURY & PARSONS
Associate (1978 – 1980)
- Rhode Island Bar Association Member, Committee on Labor Law
- Federal Bar Association Member, Sections on Labor and Employment Law; Litigation
- American Bar Association Member, Sections on Labor and Employment Law; Litigation
- Equal Employment Opportunity Committee
- Committee on Practice and Procedure before the National Labor Relations Board
- American Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Employment Counsel Network
- Mr. Kinder has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with its highest rating of “AV”
- 2019 Super Lawyers Top Attorney in Employment & Labor law
- Best Lawyers in America Selected for Employment Law – Management & Labor Law-Management, 2012 – present Selected for Labor & Employment Law, 2007-2011
- Chambers USA Recommended in Labor and Employment Law, 2006 – present
- New England Superlawyers Honored in 2007 – 2010
- Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Corporate Leader Award, 2002
PUBLICATIONS AND LECTURESHIPS
- Mr. Kinder has written and edited hundreds of articles and newsletters over the last fifteen years on employment and labor issues for private and public clients
- Lead Editor – Rhode Island Employment Law Letter, a monthly newsletter designed for Rhode Island employers published by M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC.
- Lead Editor – The Municipal Employer, a monthly newsletter designed for professional city and town managers.
- For years, Dan conducted one – and three-day seminars on employment law issues for American Management Association in Washington, Chicago and Boston. He has also served as adjunct professor in Bryant College’s graduate school of business administration.
Website Copyright © 2019, Whelan Corrente & Flanders LLP All Rights Reserved.